The small, compact but rich exhibit, SOLERI IN CAVE CREEK: THE DOME, opened October 1. 2013 at the Cave Creek Museum. Curated by Architect Michael Johnson, the exhibit celebrates Paolo Soleri in Cave Creek.[photos by: Aimee Madsen – text by Roger Tomalty]
Besides photos of The Dome House, which was built for Nora Woods by Soleri and fellow architect Mark Mills in 1949, a small model of the house and a light weight concrete mural of an early Soleri bridge design, carved using Soleri’s silt cast technique, are featured.
(Roger Tomalty seen creating the silt cast, concrete panel of Paolo Soleri’s Cantilever Bridge that is displayed at the exhibit.)
A special screening of filmmaker Aimee Madsen’s recent film “Paolo Soleri: Beyond Form” is scheduled for December 5th, along with a future screening in late March at the same location, to be announced on the museum link below and on the